I was so excited to see that someone posted a comment telling me they love to learn! Here's what I've been learning lately, and I hope you leave a comment telling me what you've been learning lately.
I am reading a book by Jack Prelutsky called Pizza, Pigs, and Poetry: How to Write a Poem. Prelutsky writes really fun poems. You can check out his website here and read some of them.
In his book, Prelutsky shares his writing tips about where he gets his ideas for his creatively crazy poems. When he was young, he liked to play with his food. He even played baseball with meatballs once! Now that he's grown up, he likes to write poetry about food--and about how his mom got mad at him for his bad manners! He says that anything that happens in your life, or anything you observe can be a good idea for a poem. So if you're ever trying to think of a topic to write about, just think back on your own experiences!
No comments:
Post a Comment