Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bill of Rights

If someone tried to take away one of the rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights, how would you feel? Why are these rights important to you? Post a comment.

16 comments:

  1. I like #8 the best. The government can't punish you unfairly. The government can only punish you if you are actually guilty of a crime, and if they have proof. It's important, because you sometimes get punished for what you didn't do. If we didn't have this law, alot more people would be tortured, and in jail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 8th amendment because no one has the right to torture you when you do somthing wrong. It's important because all the people that were speeding they can't arrest you they give you a ticket instead. A lot of people would die if they could torture you. It's also important for us because I hate unfair laws. Nobody likes unfair laws.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Favorite Amendment Is...
    The second Amendment states that anybody has the right to own a firearm. This right is important because you have self defense against anyone who tries to harm you or your family. If we didn't have this right, there would be many more crimes around the world. We would get robbed and threatened way more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number eight because we would be tortured right away. I don't want to get whipped every time I do something bad. It's important because we would get whipped or hung every time we did something bad. Would you like to be whipped every time you did something bad? How would you feel? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To speak so we can talk and have a part in what's going on. We can have a say in it. Laws would be different if we couldn't vote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Number 2 because it allows us to wield weapons to protect ourselves. What would happen if we didn't have weapons is we would die.
    It allows us to be able to fight without choice.
    I don't like weapons but at least it lets us to be able to be protective of ourselves and others.
    Although weapons are crime, blood spewers, and war starters they save ourselves and loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The second amendmant is my favorite it says:Congress can't stop people from having or carrying a weapon. Because we need to be able to defend ourselves. It's important because we need weapons to protect ourselves from danger. If we didn't have the second amendmant we'd probably all die. Because we would have NOTHING to protect ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SPEECH if we didn't have freedom of speech there would be slaves still. Plus we wouldn't have a president and we would still be under a king. It's important because we have freedom to speak what ever we want.Speech is a good thing because Martin Luther King J.r, spoke out and took a chance. Freedom of speech is really good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that I have the power to be the religion I want.It allows us to not have to go to church.If we did not have the right,we would all believe and worship the same thing or people.I love this right! I'm happy that we have our rights!
    I LOVE AMERICA!
    I LOVE THE BILL OF RIGHTS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the right to have weopons to protect me from the red coats.If we dident have weapons I would be "DEAD". If we didn't have weapons we wouldn't have killed people in wars. America wouldn't existed. Because we wouldn't have won the Civil War and we would still have Slavery and Racism.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are very good to defend yourself with.
    If people come to your house to break in, you can defend yourself.people could break in and they could steal stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to owe a ninja sword.It's black.i got it at Christmas.I would die.Cause if someone broke in I would be shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have the right to have weapons.I think it would have been scary if we did'nt have weapons.Because we would'nt be able to defend ourselves.We also would'nt be able to win wars.So im glad we have that right.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the 3rd amendment because it means it's your own home, and you decide who can can come in and who can't. If we didn't have this amendment,then it really wouldn't our home, it would be the goverment's house.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete